Ricardo’s Dr Richard Osborne and Agam Saroop will draw on the company’s world-renowned expertise in dedicated hybrid engines to share the latest findings of their research project to apply a pre-chamber combustion system to the Magma xEV engine, to enable the highest levels of charge dilution and further increase brake thermal efficiency.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Overview of the key features of the Magma xEV combustion concept: very high compression ratio, long-stroke architecture, and advanced ignition and knock mitigation technologies
- Insight into how powertrain electrification can transform engine design and development to increase efficiency and reduce cost
- Discussion of the virtual product development and validation process for the combustion concept
- Report of the impact of sustainable biomass-to-liquid gasoline fuels on the combustion process
- Consideration of the potential greenhouse gas reductions offered by sustainable liquid fuels while using current fuelling infrastructure and addressing the existing vehicle fleet