Modeling Structural Adhesive Joints In Electric Vehicles
• The benefits of adhesives in electric vehicles
• Adhesive selection and joint design
• Methods for predicting joint performance
• Modeling Structural Adhesives
• Designing and optimizing joints with FEA
Joey Benson is a Senior Application Engineer at 3M, supporting adhesive solutions in the electrical vehicle market. Joey works with key players in the EV and battery industries to implement adhesives into their products. Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is often used for product design and evaluation, and Joey helps engineers model adhesives by providing material data cards that can be imported into FEA software. Joey has a bachelor’s degree in Physics from St. John’s University (MN) and a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Minnesota.